Friday 17 April 2015

Purple at Last!!!!!

Wow!  I think I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.  It's been two whole weeks since I posted anything which means two whole weeks with no quilting done!  I'm so glad to finally have some stitching time. 
My quilting area was such a shambles I didn't even know where to start with tidying up but as a good friend once told me - "Start in one corner and work your way around the room until everything has been dusted, folded, and back in it's place."  It took me two days to get everything looked after but now the scraps are organized again, the projects are in boxes or bins or bags.  Finished quilt tops are hung in the closet waiting for backing and batting.  And best of all - I'm sewing.  Today I made the two purple blocks for the RSC quilt and the boxy star block and a strings block. 

Here's the Carrie Nation centre block.
 
and Broken Sugar Bowl.
 
Boxy Star is looking pretty good. 
It was so nice to have strips already cut for the purple string block.  This went together so quickly.  I have a bin of fabric to be cut into strips.  That will be my project for tomorrow.
 
 
I'll be checking in with Angela at so scrappy on Saturday to see all the purple passion going on with the RSC. 
 
 

17 comments:

Jo said...

Nice blocks made. Love the purples

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful blocks. I really like your Boxy Star block.

Katie Z. said...

Your purples are beautiful.

Cathy said...

Welcome back...love those deep purples of yours.

Mari said...

Great blocks! And it only took you two days to straighten everything? That's working really fast in my book. Enjoy your clean space!

The Joyful Quilter said...

So glad that you found some time to do a bit of RSC sewing. You have a nice bunch of blocks to show for it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What beautiful shades of purple - they are SO rich!!!

Angie said...

All that cleaning and tidying AND you made 4 blocks - yay!

Quilting Stories said...

Your blocks are very beautiful! Deep Purple... in Blue!

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous purples! I love that your sampler quilt blocks are both in deep purples! Fun, fun!

Deb A said...

Want to come organize my space? That is on tap for tonight and tomorrow I think before my machine comes home Tuesday. Beautiful purple blocks.

scraphappy said...

What beautiful purple blocks this month. Cleaning and organizing isn't much fun while it is going on, but it is so nice when it is done.

barbara woods said...

Love your blocks! Couldn't find a way to follow you

Sheila said...

Wonderful purple blocks! So nice to have a tidy sewing room. Doesn't last long, unfortunately.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Yay for a clean up that sparks your creative juices! Your blocks look amazing.

Stacey said...

Your Boxy Star block is fantastic.

Marly said...

Beautiful purple blocks, especially the boxy star. I have to tidy my sewing area as well; it takes so long to find anything at the moment.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...