Saturday 2 April 2016

No April Fool

Yesterday was April Fools' Day and I may have started the day like a little fool but thanks to friend Mary slowly learned a bit about thread painting birds.  Here's the start of a cute little nuthatch.
He needs a bit more highlighting, the tail needs a little more length and his beak is missing but he is beginning to look like a nuthatch.  Mary does some wonderful landscape pieces.  Check her out here.

March was a very busy month and I didn't get much quilting done but the purple butterflies are finished and because I was running short of time they were the traditional butterflies.  I have to check my 1/4 inch seams.  This column is a tad longer - that's what happens when you switch machines and don't check.  (Big sigh.)  Here are the columns finished so far.  I see I haven't fixed the little oopsy in the pink and brown column.  That'll get done this afternoon.  Can't leave it like that!
After a run to the library to pick up my book club set of books for April I'll be digging into the orange and brown/black scraps.  Angela's thinking of Monarch butterflies for colour inspiration this month.  Wonder what I can find to join the fun.
 
Ooh!  Almost forgot.  Thank you Angela for drawing my name for the March fabrics.  I'm so looking forward to adding to the stash.    I went to check the mail after picking up the books for book club and found this:
Isn't the fabric just beautiful!

11 comments:

Libby in TN said...

It's nice to see your columns together. I didn't get past the January twinkle stars; now I'm inspired to go back and catch up!

LA Paylor said...

such an exciting row quilt

Mari said...

Your columns are really looking good. And what a sweet little nuthatch! Have fun with some orange!

PaulaB quilts said...

Congrats on the win! Your columns are really looking good together. And the little nuthatch is so sweet. Do show us the finish.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Column Along Quilt is coming together nicely. Congrats! on winning last month's RSC drawing.

Kate said...

The embroidery is really cute. Your sampler rows are looking good too. Happy stitching this weekend.

Sue Noetzel said...

Your columns are looking great!

Ivani said...

your columns quilt is turning pretty good. You are thread painting a beautiful bird.

Marly said...

The rows for your sampler look good. I love the pink and brown row and don't see anything wrong with it! The traditional butterflies are a good solution.

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful work! My columns look like/very similar/ to yours! Congrats on the fabric win!

gayle said...

Oooooo, pretty fabrics! Congrats!
I love your columns. I may succumb yet...

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...