Saturday 5 March 2016

Marching into spring colours

The RSC colours for March were announced.  We're to think spring - crocuses, lovely purple and yellow crocuses.  Scrap diving for these two colours was a pleasure; although, why I chose the muddied purples in my bin I can't explain.  Perhaps I'm just not ready to leave brown behind. 
I've admired the maverick stars posted by fellow bloggers and made my first foray into making a few.  What fun not having to match up corners!  Just winging it on the star points was so liberating.  These two are pretty good for a first attempt.  Angela's plan is for butterflies in purple/yellow for the column quilt.  Hopefully I'll have time to do some fabric selection later today. What purple scrappiness did you get into?

10 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh these are pretty little stars! :)

Cathy said...

I love your maverick stars! Happy scrap diving (lol) for the butterfly blocks!

Ivani said...

two pretty small stars. Love your maverick blocks.

Cathy said...

That's not muddy purple...it's deep, dark, rich purple! I've made those stars in the past. Aren't they fun?

PaulaB quilts said...

You did a good job on those Mavericks. I messed mine up, maybe they were too small. You have all month to get those brought purples going, and your yellow choices early sparked them up.

Peggyinno said...

Great Maverick Stars! I may have to bite the bullet and make some too! I have always loved these little gems!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Aren't they fun?!?! I love these blocks!

Karen said...

Star blocks are my favorite. Yours are adorable.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those PURPLE Maverick Stars look FABULOUS!! Aren't they SEW much FUN???

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like those maverick stars, and they look fun to make! I have some very ugly purples in my stash, too. Not sure where they came from, but hopefully putting them with other scraps will spread out the ugly and make them beautiful!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...