Saturday 22 February 2014

RSC Saturday Check In

Can't believe a week has rolled by already and I don't have too much to show for the week.  I managed to complete the two new blocks for RSC - Jacob's Ladder and Bow Tie. 
Here's my version of Bow Tie.  I was working on another project and had a bit of this wild animal print left so used it for the bow tie.  That was one less scrap to worry about.

And here's Jacob's ladder.  I would have liked a little more contrast between the medium and the dark but when you're working with scraps you do the best you can.

This is the little project I worked on.  You can see the wild animal print in the upper cat.  When I saw the pattern for this little wall hanging I thought it was paper pieced but was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't.  I have to applique the tails and will hopefully get that done on Sunday.  Then it's time to do a little quilting and pass the gift along to an 8 year old I'm tutoring.  When she was here last week she asked to visit the quilt studio and admired all the six inch RSC blocks on the design wall.  She was wishing for even one of the little blue squares to put up on the wall in her room  last week so hopefully this will help to satisfy that wish.
 
I'm linking up with So Scrappy this morning.  Take a peek and see what everyone else is busy doing.

I've tried to crop and brighten up my photos using photo shop this morning.  Hopefully they're a little better.  I'm still working on that aspect of blogging.  :)  

13 comments:

Marly said...

You have some pretty fabrics there. I like the animal print in the bow tie, it takes the sweetness out of the pink. I won't write here who think my bow tie block belongs to.

Kat Scribner said...

I LOVE your bowtie fabrics and the cat quilt is fabulous!

Kate said...

Pretty pink blocks and the cat wall hanging is both fun and gorgeous!

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Nice Projects. The cats are cute.

scraphappy said...

Beautiful blocks! You are definitely making great use of your scraps on hand.

Elly D said...

Gorgeous pink blocks and a very cute cat top. Your little girl is going to love it... :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Such an adorable kitten quilt... love it!

Kate said...

Pretty pinks and I love the cats!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hi Nell...I'm returning your visit. LOVE THOSE KITTIES!!! Val from myplvl.blogspot.com

Deb A said...

I love the kitty cat wall hanging. The flowers and butterfly's are cute. Great sampler blocks too.

Gina said...

Great wall hanging. I love the fabrics you've used xx

Cathy said...

Cute kitties especially that wild pink one! Fun!

Wendy said...

great blocks and I love the way you used that scrap as soon as you'd created it! I'm having trouble getting a good contrast between my pink scraps too

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...