Saturday 29 July 2017

Bye Bye Blues

The Row by Row challenge from 2015 is getting closer to completion.  Two more blocks were added to the waterfall and beach chairs. First up is the offering from The Quilt Place:


I love the silhouetted image of the blue heron scouting for his supper.  

The second was from the Hobby Horse and offered one of the styles that the shop is known for and that I tried for the first time.  Clearly if I'm to make other blocks like this I'll need a workshop to figure how to layer the colours.  It's a crayoned row and not quite finished.  The flower tops and outline embroidery are missing - a job for a handwork day.



                                                                          

The "H"blocks in blue are among my favourite this month.  I love the intensity of these bright blues.

The nine patches are cut and waiting to be pieced.  Last night I prepped the English paper piecing tumbling blocks.  Lots of handwork left to bring blue to finish and only three days left. The last minute dash for a July finish is on. 

How did your blue July finish up?  Linking up with SOSCRAPPY and looking forward to reading about your blues.

15 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The heron row is elegant and beautiful! The 2nd row is nice, enjoy your hand work. The H blocks will look pretty in a rainbow quilt. Happy stitching this week-end.

Katie Z. said...

lovely.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the row with the heron, too! It has so many fun details to look at. You found the perfect blues for your H's, too!

make.share.give said...

Such detailed work! Love the H blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I just made my first H block this week. I like the larger scale that you've chosen. The heron row is magnificent. It could TOTALLY be a quilt all on its own!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on the row by row projects!
I have way more blue scraps than were used up in July, but I'm looking forward to the next colour!

Cathy said...

Oh, gosh...that heron is wonderful! H blocks are nice too! I haven't used all my blue scraps yet either.

Pamela Arbour said...

You have got some really nice blues going on there!

PaulaB quilts said...

That heron row is a work of art! Love your rich blues. Keep up the good work!

canuckquilter said...

The heron row is spectacular. As for your blues - I love those blues! The possibilities for those H blocks are interesting. I'll have to remember them...

Kate said...

The heron silhouette is gorgeous. Love your blue blocks, very pretty. Happy stitching this week.

Angie said...

Great new Row by Row blocks - I especially love the heron!

Edith said...

Beautiful work, the heron is exquisite and I really like how the H's look altogether - beautiful blue.

Sandra Walker said...

Wow, terrific work on the Row by Row! Love those blues too.

Anonymous said...

I like your choice of blue for your blocks. there are so many different kinds of blue. Yours is a happy blue.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...