Saturday 1 July 2017

The last of the yellow







I must thank two fellow bloggers for their inspiration to finishing off the week with yellow.  Last week Kathy posted her little sprouts and shared the link.  I followed and used up a few of my 2.5 inch squares.  I think I must have been anticipating blue for July.  Love the little pops  of blue in some of the scraps.  This may just be the start of something.  They were fun and quick to make .







The second blogger, also a Cathy at Cathy's Crazy by Design, suggested making the pineapple.  It used up 1.5 inch bits and I may just make a few more for a sunny tablerunner.



These two blocks round out my yellow work and as I said I must have been anticipating blue because I pulled out this Row by Row Experience project from 2 years ago and started to put  it together.  The theme two years ago was Water.  Just love this cascading waterfall.


My last little project is one I picked up on this year's Row by Row Experience. A skinny little runner with the cutest message.

And now I'm off to celebrate Canada Day 150.  Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadian bloggers.  Don't let the showers stop you from celebrating Canada's 150th birthday.

Hopping over to Soscrappy later today to see how everyone else wrapped up Yellow.  

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

What an adorable little pineapple. Happy Canada Day!

Monica said...

Love that pineapple! Those blocks are very high on my list for a quilt of their own someday. Happy Canada Day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely way to round out YELLOW!! That BLUE row?? AWESOME!!!

PaulaB quilts said...

The Water piece is outstanding. I've never seen one like it. Hope we see more. Happ Canada to you .

Mari said...

Love your pineapple, and the waterfall is awesome! Happy Canada Day!

Angie in SoCal said...

Love your blue row by row - would make a great border, too.
Happy Canada Day!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...