Friday 13 February 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

I lost a week in February some how.  I pulled the pinks and organized the blue scraps  but somehow didn't get any pink work done until this past week.  Temecula Quilt Company posted a mini Valentine quilt this week.  What a great way for me to get started on pink this month.
Pink kisses, red hugs and a little bit of chocolate.  Notice the little flowers in the binding - this little mini has it all!  It was a fun project to do and created just the right atmosphere when I hosted a group of fellow quilters on Friday morning. 

I also finished the boxy star block for the month.  I started making these last year and decided to continue in 2015 so I'd have 24 blocks for a good sized quilt.  I'm playing with the placement of the fabrics again this month.  There are only four pinks instead of the eight in last year's pink block. 
Don't you just love the hotness of the pink.  We sure need the warmth of the pink this month.  We set a new low temperature record on Friday, minus 28.9 Celsius, breaking the 1899 record.  Brr! It was chilly Friday morning.

The December pattern offered by my guild was for "One Stick at a Time" and I finally finished the flimsy.  It has a peachy pink in it so I thought I'd share the finish with you.

I'm hoping to have a little more time to quilt next week.  Marley and Bear Paw are first on my list, then some fun with strings.  Check in with soscrappy to see what others have finished this week.

15 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Great projects! I love the Valentine's mini...so cute!

Sally Trude said...

Such wonderful diversity of pink!

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful! I love the boxy star block.

Marly said...

You've done a lot though. I copied the pattern for the hugs and kisses, and that's as far as it got! I love the chocolates in between the kisses; your quilt makes me think of those chocolates with cherry liqueur inside!

Ariane said...

I love your little valentines quilt. It's so cute!! And your pink block is wonderful. Congrats on a finished flimsy too.

Edith said...

Just love your little hugs, kisses and chocolate quilt. All that is good in one quilt.

Jennie in GA said...

Adorable take on Hugs and Kisses. Love your cans prints.

Dasha said...

I think I may have commented on your boxy stars before - love it. I say that every month. LOL. But its true. I also like the One Stick at a Time quilt. Great work.

make.share.give said...

I remember your boxy stars! They are my favorites. One Stick at a Time is really nice.

Cathy said...

What a cute little mini. Chocolate was just the right touch!

Kate said...

The Valentine mini turned out beautifully! So did your Boxy Star block and the One Stick at a Time. Looks like your week was spent "in the pink of things".

Magpie Sue said...

I love the hugs and kisses and bits of chocolate in a quilt! And kudos on completing the flimsy. :- )

scraphappy said...

Glad the hot pink is keeping you warm. Looks like a great variety of pinks in your star block to me.

Sheila said...

Cute mini quilt. I love pink, too.
Be safe and stay warm.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your chocolate hugs and kisses!
And such a cool corner block you made for the QPOM!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...