Saturday 20 June 2015

LIght Blue Block Two

Why is it that little things that demand much attention crop up when you want to finish something up?  I had hoped to complete my little  leafy wall hanging.  The top was finished; the sandwich was put together and basted but the quilting remains to be done.  I'll get started on it later today.  I know how I want to quilt it but have to dig up the right green threads and get started. 

I did manage to finish the second light blue block in the RSC.
And I tried the lay out for row three but haven't finished the alternate blocks so nothing to show for it here.  Next week I have only four days when I have to be away from home for a few hours so hopefully there will be lots of time to finish things up.
In the mean time I'm hopping over to Soscrappy to see what others have created this week.

9 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

Sometimes quality trumps quantity. Good job, your blocks are lovely.

PaulaB quilts said...

Don't rush, just enjoy the process. Your leaves will be lovely when finished, and the star is a very nice choice of fabric.

Mari said...

Another lovely star! Pretty sure the other project will still be there when you get back to it, waiting patiently.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love your block.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on your Sampler block. Here's hoping it works out for your to have extra sewing time next week! Don't you just hate it when LIFE gets in the way of our QUILTING???

Sheila said...

Beautiful star. Love the white on white print.

scraphappy said...

Lovely star block. Glad you will have a calm week. It is always nice to have some time to spend at home.

LA Paylor said...

nice block, and I know what you mean about uninterrupted time at home!!!
LEeAnna

Dasha said...

Pretty fabrics in that blue block. Hope this week is a better one for you.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...