Saturday 13 June 2015

Week two in blue

In reflecting on my title for last weeks link up I realized that somewhere in my stash I must have a bit of hand dyed sky coloured fabric left over from a landscape class and sure enough after digging through my bins I found it.  It is focused in my star points and the 16 patch centre.

The only other quilting done this week was a bit of applique.  Hopefully greater things are in store for next week.
Linking up with Soscrappy and checking to see what others have been up to this week.

9 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Summers are busy. Fit in a little sewing when you can. Fun block!

Marly said...

Your colours here are so beautifully restful that your block reminds me of a lazy summer afternoon on the river.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's a lovely block. Here's hoping that you will have more time for sewing next week!

scraphappy said...

What beautiful fabrics! They were the perfect choice for this block. So pretty.

Kate said...

Beautiful fabrics. Isn't it fun when you remember just the right fabric from your stash? Even better you could put your hands on it in short order. It never fails, I'll search for hours for it, use something else, then find it.

Dasha said...

Lovely choice of colours Nell. Its a really pretty block.

PaulaB quilts said...

Thanks so much for the photos of the French exhibit. It is nice to see new techniques and ideas from around the world. Quilting is truly a mind-broadening experience.

Sheila said...

Pretty cool blue star.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your blues in this block. So pretty.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...