Saturday 27 June 2015

Last Saturday in Light Blue

At last, a more productive week!   I started with the information Angela gave us about the colours and the number of 2.5" squares we would need for each.  After cutting the squares for the colours we've used to date I completed the alternate blocks in blue,  light blue and green for row three.  In checking the layout drawing I noticed I could also complete row four if I made alternate blocks in green, light green and yellow. 

Here are row three and  row four with the start of row five.  I think this will be a lovely quilt.  It will be exciting to finish off the July blocks and see if another row can be added to the quilt.

The background of my leaf like pumpkin seeds is a light blue and I worked on finishing the wall hanging up this week.  


 I snapped this picture this morning and the light wasn't the best.  Even with photo enhancement the colours still don't ring true but you'll get an idea of the finished quilt. It's about 2 feet by 3 feet in size.  I like the different shades of light blue so it looks like bits of sunlight shining through the leaves. 
 
 
I have three days left in June to work on my Laura Wasilowski workshop quilt. Here's hoping it will also be a June finish.
 
I'll be checking in at so scrappy to see what others have been working on.  Looking forward to hearing about the July colour.  Will it be red or indigo perhaps? 

13 comments:

Marly said...

Your sawtooth star quilt looks great now the alternate blocks are in it too. I haven't completed any alternate blocks yet so it's nice to see how they come together.

Mari said...

Looks so pretty! The sampler is going to be lovely, and I like the leaf blocks too. Nice ones!

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks are gorgeous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely wallhanging - I, too, like a mix of light blues.

quiltedfabricart said...

The rainbow quilt is going to be gorgeous!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, wow!! Your Sawtooth Star RSC Quilt is going to be AWESOME. I can't believe how far you've gotten already!

Angie said...

Your RSC Sampler Stars are looking great!! The leaf-y wall hanging is a neat idea - love the blue backgrounds!

scraphappy said...

Wow! Looks fabulous. I can already start to see the finished quilt emerging. Leaves are great too. The sashing is a great addition.

Mystic Quilter said...

Like your wall-hanging and it's a good size, not too big. Your stars with the alternate blocks are making a super pattern.

Magpie Sue said...

Your rainbow stars are sparkling with the setting blocks! That is going to be a gorgeous quilt. Your leaves on light blue must be beautiful in person. Great work!

Sheila said...

Love your wall hanging. Congratulations on a wonderful finish :)

Fibre Art by Mary Katherine Hopkins said...

Love the Leaves!!!

Jennifer said...

wow! that RSC15 sampler is looking great! I've kept up with my sawtooth stars, and have pulled the blocks/fabrics for the joiners, but haven't been brave enough to get them sewn...

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...