Saturday 12 September 2015

Scant Orange

This was a week with more handwork completed than sewing blocks. But I did finish two more of the blocks from Tula Pink's book.  I'm still working with strips to use up some of the smaller pieces of orange.
Block #64
and #65
were the only two bits of orange made this week.  Some weeks are like that.
 
I'll be checking in with Angela and other scrappy quilters to see what scrappy orange progress has been made this week.  Who knows, maybe there's an orange block waiting for us to stitch up.




12 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Agreed...some weeks are like that. Enjoy and move on, no stress!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I am generally more hand work than piecing as well...almost everything that I do is poky slow :)

LA Paylor said...

These two blocks marry simple line with complex color concept. Very interesting to my artist's eyes

Mari said...

Your blocks look good! Very cheerful.

gayle said...

Even a little orange can brighten your day!

PaulaB quilts said...

What a difference with just varying the sizes and placement of the strips. The top one looks like a skyline to me. Have fun!

Kate said...

Great blocks to use up those bits and pieces.

Mystic Quilter said...

It definitely is swings and roundabouts with finding sewing time! I do like your Tula Pink blocks, I have that book and often wondered whether to take it on.

Julianne said...

ARe you doing the Tula blocks in order or randomly? I have my first 5 made but thats it so far, yours look great!

scraphappy said...

Love the second Tula block.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes simple is best. I went for simple 9-patches this week and even made one up. I love the batik you bought last week with the splashes of pink in with the orange, such a lovely colour combination

Sheila said...

Love those orange prints.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...