Saturday 31 October 2015

Found

We moved 8 years ago and some bins got tucked away in a closet and forgotten about - forgotten about until I went in search of patterns for pillows that just had to be in that closet because they weren't where they should be.  Now I don't know about you but when I pull a bin out I just have to see what treasures are tucked away in it.  And look what I found.  This is my first attempt at needle turn applique.  All I can say is, "You've come a long way baby!"  It's always great to look back and examine some of our earliest work.  I can't believe the colours I chose!  Now in my mind this was always a brown quilt but when I photographed it, it looks so red!  I have to embroider the legs on the chicken and give it an eye and I really should finish it.  This may be a good quilt to practice my machine quilting on.  Would you believe I even had the backing folded up beside it? 

I'm looking forward to lime green for November and a finished flimsy for the RSC.  Linking up with Angela and checking to see what mocha latte goodness is going on.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

what a spectacular find! congratulations!

gayle said...

Oh, yes, please, finish it! It looks like a quilt full of fun.

Dasha said...

Great find. Bonus that the backing was with it too. You'll be tickled when you get it done and dusted.
BTW Did you find those patterns you were looking for?

LA Paylor said...

treasures! It looks good from this angle...
LEeAnna

Kate said...

What a fun find. You should definitely finish it up.

Angie said...

It's always fun to unearth a project that just needs a little TLC. Looking forward to seeing your Finish!

scraphappy said...

Looking at our earlier work is always a great validation of the progress we have made. Hope you can get it finished up and enjoy your reminder of how far you have come.

PaulaB quilts said...

Please do finish that,charming top so it can come to life and bring you happiness.

Cathy said...

Oh, what a fun find!

Magpie Sue said...

I have my first round robin quilt top tucked away deep in the closet. One of these days I may have to get it out to see what can be done with it! Funny how things change when you haven't seen them for a while (or years). :-)

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad that you dug this one out of storage!! Best of luck with the finishing work.

Sheila said...

What a wonderful find! You should finish this one, dear.

Julierose said...

Oh this is so great to have found your first applique quilt!! It must have a lot of memories attached to its making for you. THIS is what it's all about for me...memories...have fun quilting it...and you'd better label it--very precious...hugs, Julierose

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...