Saturday 7 November 2015

Going Green

A few days ago, before the big rain and strong winds arrived, I noticed the leaves on the neighbour's linden tree as it turned from green to a beautiful multi-coloured splendour.  There were deep burgundies and russets, dark greens and yellowy greens, orange and gold: an incredible palette.  And I thought how appropriate that we be working with the lighter, brighter greens this month. The linden had so much of it that one morning.  Enough musing,  we are so close to having the RSC quilt designed by Angela finished - only one block left to go (and I see that Angela has it posted - Swamp Angel).  Here's the Ohio Star in the centre block:
Can you see that I've already got it attached to it's place of honour in the yellow/green row?  So, so close to a finish!

Speaking of finish, I made the green boxy star too.
Angela hasn't chosen a colour for December so I'll have to choose one once I lay out all the blocks and see what colour should be added to balance the Boxy Star Quilt .  It's been two years in the making and wants to be finished.

What green have the RSC quilters completed this past week?  Stop by and see.

13 comments:

Mari said...

Your star is looking good! It's going to be an amazing quilt!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wonderful Boxy Star block -- looking forward to seeing that one come together, too. Angela's star block designs have been great this year.

Karen said...

Star blocks are my favorites. I love your boxy star block. I might have to give these a try.

scraphappy said...

Great block! I am so excited to see the sampler quilts almost done. Love the colors you chose. So bright and happy.

gayle said...

I'm looking forward to that Boxy star quilt!
All our leaves are gone, but they sure were pretty while they lasted.

Julierose said...

Hi Nell--gosh those are lovely blocks--really like your boxy Star--hugs, Julierose

Marly said...

Lovely Ohio Star; it's such a fresh colour green it really is a happy sunny colour. Just the job for a rain lashed Saturday in November! Fun boxy star to join the rest.

Cathy said...

Looking forward to that Boxy Star quilt! (Two years isn't bad!)

LA Paylor said...

The boxy stars are so enticing. we're they fun to make, fun to choose colors and placement?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck finishing up your Boxy Star quilt AND the RSC Sampler Quilt!!! I feel certain that BOTH will be fabulous.

PaulaB quilts said...

The fabrics you used are really nice. The boxy star block fooled me, had to look twice to see the star. Good choice, look forward to seeing the quilt. Keep up the good work!

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks. Love the lime color. Looking forward to seeing your Boxy Squares in RSC colors come together as I'm considering this quilt pattern for next year's RSC.

Kate said...

Very pretty greens in both blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing both of your quilts come together.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...