Saturday 15 March 2014

Better Late Than Never

It's been a busy day trying to get everything in today but I did manage to get a pile of laundry out of the way, did a little cutting and planning and as a treat went to see Twelve Years a Slave this evening.  I was speechless when I left the movie.  It was easy to see why it, the cast, etc. won all of those academy awards.  But on to teal!

I managed to complete the block Angela posted and planned some hexie flowers for a spring table runner. 

Here are the blocks.  Some quilting buddies helped me out with some additional teal bits so I was able to add a new dark tone and some wild sunglasses to the mix.
 
Here are a few of the hexies I have cut.  Another quilting buddy had a bit of Kaffe Fassett fabric which I fussy cut for the flower centres.  I'm hoping to find some orangey bits for the stems and leaves to provide a bit of spark and contrast.  I think I have a bit of grey that will be perfect for background.
 
Pardon the poor quality of the photos but its late and I'm using overhead lights rather than natural lighting for the photography.
 
Linking up with Angela at Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Stop by to see what others are doing.
  

7 comments:

Sheila said...

You are very resourceful, Nell. Good job with the blocks : )

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Fun hexies! Yay for fussy-cut KF fabrics!

Karen said...

Very pretty teal blocks.

Linda said...

I love all of your blocks, they look great!

Lisa J. said...

the hexies are looking great!

Melinda said...

I love the idea of the Fassett fabric for the centers of your hexies. They are adorable.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...