Saturday 5 April 2014

April's new colour

You've probably figured out that Angela's new colour for April is indeed purple.  When her orange block appeared on April 1st, I thought, great April Fool's Day trick on us.  Keep us on our toes.  I was going to make the block as directed and make a purple one too but that just didn't work out and I'm behind or have my work planned for next week.

I did manage to complete the last minute teal blocks.
I used part of the teal slab for the centre of this one.




I like the batik fabric. It should work well as a transition to either green or purple.


Here are my purple scraps.  I worried that I wouldn't have enough but was pleasantly surprised.  
Love the way purple can be either a cool or warm colour.

 
  Love the fabric in the saw tooth star.
Using it reminded me of my youngest sister.
I used this fabric in her quilt quite a few years ago.
 
 
A purple boxy star. 


And here are all of the boxy star blocks together.

Linking up with Scrap Happy Saturday.


11 comments:

Sally Trude said...

I like seeing all the boxy blocks together. That's going to make a great quilt.

Lisa said...

Your blocks look great - the teals are so sharp looking. And what a cute cat block you have made.

Karen said...

I love your rainbow boxy stars. They are going to make a beautiful quilt.

Sheila said...

Love your blocks.

Angie said...

I like how you used a "slab" for the center of your Framed Corners block! Yummy purples - it's my favorite color! Love the Boxy Star block; it will be fun watching your blocks evolve over the year!

Debra said...

Love your blocks and the boxy stars are great together. Love your selection of purples - Yummy!

soscrappy said...

So many pretty blocks! The crumb center on the teal corner squares is perfect. Love the boxy stars together too.

Lisa J. said...

Love your boxy stars!

Jackie J said...

Nice looking blocks, keep up the good work.

Kate said...

The sampler blocks all came out great. Love our boxy stars. I may have to borrow that block for next years scrappy challenge.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks, especially the teal scrappy one! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...