Saturday 23 August 2014

Week Four

A busy week and not much green happening.  The Guild's Community Outreach Committee met on Monday and we spent an enjoyable morning/afternoon trying to see what quilts could be made.  I'll write a separate post about that.  I also spent two days doing some babysitting for a good friend.  It's been a long time since I've changed diapers but it's amazing how you never forget.  What fun a one year old is!  Yulia's walking and she thinks she's talking.  I think she pulled every book and toy out of her toy boxes and bins as she decided what she wanted to play.  Turns out anything musical is a favourite.  Yulia just loves to dance.

I completed the green RSC block.  I quite enjoyed working with little bits and trying out some fancy stitches to hold everything down.  Wash away stabilizer helped prevent puckering as I stitched. 

I must practise more with the stitches so I stop in the correct spot for the pattern to continue nicely around corners.  That's all for light and bright green this week.  Linking up with Angela and the RSC.

4 comments:

Edith said...

Cute little block.

scraphappy said...

What happy and scrappy little bits of green in your block. Super cute. The decorative stitches are a nice touch.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely way to use novelty prints and different stitches, always like blanket stitch and feather stitch looks like you have used these around two patches?

Quilter Kathy said...

SO fun! This will be a really fun quilt!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...