Saturday 2 August 2014

Visit with an Old Friend

A new month means a new colour but in this case we'll visit with an old friend.  May was the month for Emerald Green but in August light and bright green is the way to go.  In my case I'll continue with greens previously used as I didn't have too many scraps in the emerald tones.  So here's my first block - mini bowties in the X setting.



Last week I noticed that there were 10 red blocks but I had only made 9.  After checking  the RSC tab, I discovered I didn't have the "Flock" block.  Don't know how I missed it but I did.  Here then are all of my red blocks for July.
Linking up with Angela at RSC and hopping over to see everyone's renewed venture into green.

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love your red blocks! The green is a great start for August too. I think the Jewel box is my favorite so far. So cute.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You have a great start with your bow ties. I like that setting too!

Marly said...

Lovely fabrics in your mini bow ties. I still have to check what I've got left in green.

Sheila said...

Love your rainbow sampler blocks!

Karen said...

Lovely mini bow tie blocks.

Cathy said...

Mini bow ties are always a good choice. I just love a whole quilt of them.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your red blocks look awesome together! It's going to be a fantastic sampler quilt!

Lilian Pilar said...

los bloques en rojo, son bellisimos, y como has colocado el mini bloque en verde me gusta...Felicitaciones!!!

Deb A said...

Beautiful red sampler blocks! I too will play with all shades of green again this month. That is still a big pile in my scraps.

Jo said...

I think I will have to use the same greens as May. I like both bow tie settings so might try to get both done

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your blocks are so great!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...