Friday 15 August 2014

Midway Through August

Northwinds is finished and I like the play between the light and darker green.
I forgot to clip the little dog ears.  Oops!

My green and pink (catch up month) lozenges are also done.  Here they are with the red, yellow, and blue ones.
I've just laid them out in long rows with no particular thought.  I'm still not sure if I will finish it laid out row by row like this or mix things up.  I can see that this will require lots of time playing with the blocks, taking pictures of each possible layout and then making a decisionThe colours really are quite dazzling and I think if I mix them up it will have more of a stained glass effect. 

Finally, I completed another mini for our guild showThere is no green in it but I thought I'd share anyway. 
 
Each little bow tie is just 2" finished and the whole mini is a sixteen inch square.  The fabrics were from a charm square exchange.  It's good being able to use them up but believe it not, I still have scraps left over from the charms. 


10 comments:

Kate said...

Your lozenges blocks are gorgeous. Have fun playing with the layouts.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love those lozenge blocks!
And of course I love that mini quilt!
Maybe I will win it?!?!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THose lozenge blocks are great!!

Katie Z. said...

I love the lozenges in rows! I hadn't considered how it might look so gloriously striped!

Lilian Pilar said...

que colorido, me gusta mucho

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What cute little bow ties. The scraps from them must be very small. No green for me today, I have to try and finish a quilt I am making for my daughter. I only have two pickle dish to assemble and I will have my four blocks done for the month so I should be able to get them done. But for right now full steam ahead on her B-day quilt.

Cathy said...

Oh, those Lozenges are looking yummy!

Julie in GA said...

Your lozenge blocks look wonderful in rainbow stripes.

scraphappy said...

Your lozenges look great in the row by row format, but playing with layouts is too much fun to skip. Love the little mini quilt -- so tiny!

Sheila said...

Love your colorful lozenges. I think they would look cool all mixed up.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...