Saturday 9 August 2014

August Green ll

This week hasn't seen much quilting going on but I did do quite a bit of reading.  Dull rainy days are perfect for cuddling with a good detective mystery.   I've been on a Louise Penny binge.  Just love her Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and his side kick Jean Guy Beauvoir.  I would love to find a quaint little community like Three Pines in the novels.  It has painters, poets, furniture makers, wonderful chefs (a true artsy community).   I suppose reading about all the artists brought to mind a challenge issued by a quilting buddy .  She had a copy of Eleanor Levie's Skinny Quilts and table runners ll and had started on the Cut Flowers by Sue Benner.
 
 
 


She challenged us to give them a try.  I prepped the fabric for my flowers (about two years ago) but didn't get too much farther until this week.  Here's one of the flowers I put together.  I still have to assemble the blocks into a long skinny quilt/table runner, do some embellishing with thread and maybe a bead or two. 

I also completed the two RSC blocks posted by Angela.
 








 Here's Dakota Farmer in muted greens  and Indiana Puzzle with lots of light.  Hop over to RSC and see what others have been quilting.
 

9 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks. I haven't tried the sample blocks yet. I'll have to give them a try this week.
Haven't hear of Louise Penny. I'll have to try some of her books. Thanks for the tip.

Lilian Pilar said...

Que bolques mas bonitos...
Gracias por compartirlos!!!!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful greens this week. What a fun table runner pattern. Great use of fabrics.

Fibre Art by Mary Katherine Hopkins said...

Your green month is so refreshing after Hot Momma Red. LOL

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your table runner pattern looks so interested. It looks as if you were painting instead of quilting. Can't wait to see what the embellishment will do.

Marly said...

Lovely Dakota Farmer block; I like the subtle fabric combinations.
That skinny table runner looks fun, but how are you piecing it, or is it appliqué?

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the greens in your two blocks and the cut flower looks amazing.

Deb A said...

Great RSC blocks! I still have to do the puzzle block... maybe today the kids will let me have some time.

make.share.give said...

Dakota Farmer is so pretty. Love how you put the red floral just around the edge.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...