Tuesday 2 September 2014

OOPS!

  Every month I have been making Bonnie Hunter's boxy star block. 

Now these blocks have been on my design wall off and on since January.  Every month when I made a new block I'd pull them out and admire them all together.  This morning as I was on the phone something jumped out at me.  Can you see what it was?  Look carefully at the yellow block.  OOPS!  Where are the starry points?  This just wouldn't do.  So I took the block apart and put it together properly.

Now that's better.  There are the starry points - no more cross in the middle!  What I wonder is why I didn't notice it before! 

You may notice that I also made the bright green block.  I really hemmed and hawed about whether to make it.  Initially I planned to wait until December and then choose a colour we hadn't already used but as I was putting the green away I thought I'd make one in the different green tones. 
  Now I won't have to wonder what to do in December.  All caught up with the boxy stars.



2 comments:

Gina said...

Love how the quilt looks so far. I'm still deciding on what colour to use for last month xx

make.share.give said...

They are really pretty together.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...