Friday 26 September 2014

Last Saturday for Orange

Have you wondered where the weeks have gone?  I can't believe it's the last Saturday in September already.  It seems it was just yesterday that I was pulling out the orange scraps and looking forward to working with them.  Friday evening I managed to put the corners on about half of the orange lozenges before I ran out of light and dark 2" squares so I decided to call it a night and do some cutting in the morning to finish them up.  I also have to make the spools in orange. Thank goodness there are a few more days next week to get caught up.
I can't help but wonder what colour Angela has for us in October.  Black?  Indigo?  Gold?  What are you wanting to work with next?

During the summer months I made a few mini quilts for the guild's upcoming show.  I turned them at our monthly meeting and my name was drawn.  In my goodie bag was a charm pack of 2.5" blocks.  The Fons and Porter spring 2014 Quilting Quickly magazine had the cutest little table runner, Little Morsels, and I decided that it was the perfect way to use up those little charms.  Here's the result.
Linking up with RSC and hopping over to see what everyone else has been busy with.

13 comments:

Sally Trude said...

What a lovely mix of oranges. Definitely puts me in the mood for fall.

Fibre Art by Mary Katherine Hopkins said...

I can hardly wait to see how you put these together!! :-)

Sheila said...

Love your orange fabrics. And table runner. Will be difficult parting with this one. Either black/gray/white or brown would work nice for me.

Karen said...

Very pretty orange lozenges.

make.share.give said...

Little Morsels is super cute!

Suzy said...

You have the prettiest orange scraps ever, such beautiful fabric, and I like the lozenge block really shows them off.

Dasha said...

Don't forget there's also brown (last year's November colour) and grey.
I can't believe that we are into our last quarter for this year. Seems like only yesterday I was preparing to launch into this challenge.

LA Paylor said...

Gosh, I wonder what color is next. Is this the last one? I hope not.

This challenge has been so much fun, it's my first year. LeeAnna at
not afraid of color

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hope the color is gold ....

Cathy said...

Oh, I like your rusty oranges. And I wish I had made the bigger size of lozenges. I'll have to make thousands and thousands for a good sized quilt!

Cute runner.

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm always tempted to pick up a few of those little 2.5" charm packs, but I never know what to do with them. Now I know! Lovely little tablerunner :) And your lozenge blocks sparkle!!!

Marly said...

Pretty table runner; what a good idea to leave the charm squares whole and give them a white sashing: simple and stunning.

Kate said...

September has gone really fast. You have lots of pretty orange scraps. The table runner turned out beautifully.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...