Friday 19 September 2014

Third Orange Saturday

I missed catching up with everyone at So Scrappy.  There was no internet access at a friend's cottage and although I was having great fun trying my hand at painting some fabric and working on a few small projects I was having withdrawal symptoms.  When I checked in on Monday evening, I found that Angela had posted two new blocks - Plus and Ribbons.  I grabbed the orange scraps and made short work of those two.

Here's the plus sign block.

And this one's ribbons.
 
On Thursday, we drove to Stratford to see Through the Looking Glass, the Lewis Carroll classis.  The highlight for me was Alice meeting Humpty Dumpty otherwise the play was a bit disappointing.  It was billed as suitable for children and there were quite a few kids and  a bus full of high school students from Ohio in the audience.  Before meeting up for lunch, I stopped in at Ye Olde Quilt Shoppe and picked up a copy of My Table by Disa Designs.  (I also picked up a few fat quarters to make up some cute little wallets for stocking stuffers, a pattern for a wallet and Another Can of Worms by Debbie Caffrey.)
 

There are some of the cutest little mug rugs, table runners, place mats and table toppers in this book.  I just loved those little snowmen and the Santas.   When I had more time to look it over I spotted the "Spooky" mug mats on the back cover.  And ... as it is orange this month I thought I'd get them done up for Hallowe'en.


That's it for orange this week.  Stop by RSC and see what orange fun has gone on week three.


9 comments:

scraphappy said...

It's looking very fall like at your house. Really sweet little mug rugs.

Sally Trude said...

Looks like you're keeping up just fine. Love the mug mats.

Sheila said...

Sounds like you had a good time : )
Love your orange projects! Looking forward to seeing your wallets.

Edith said...

Your Spooky Mug mats are so cute.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such cute spider mats... love 'em!

Angie said...

Great RSC Sampler blocks!

Ellen said...

You accomplished quite a bit with orange this week. Your blocks turned out great.

Cathy said...

Oh, those mug rugs are just the cutest!

Andee said...

Great orange blocks, WOW on the spider and web blocks too!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...