Saturday 6 September 2014

Orange you glad it's almost fall!

We're playing with orange this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Every month I make a boxy star and completed the orange one early in the week. 
Every shade of orange imaginable from tangerine to squash to pumpkin to burnt orange in this boxy star.  (These look more brown than they really are.  I'll have to take them outdoors to photograph properly.)


Angela posted two orange blocks this past week.
Here's Bear Paw.

and Kick.
 

Checking in with RSC to see everyone's orange work this week.
 
 

 
 


10 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love your oranges! Such a nice range.

Sally Trude said...

Love seeing all the blocks together in your earlier post. Your oranges play so well with the others.

Marly said...

I like the fabric you used for the Bear's Paw especially. The boxy stars block is great too. I had the same problem taking a photo of orange; I wondered if there was too much contrast for the camera with the white in the other fabric.

Marly said...

and I just read your title! ... LOL!

Terri said...

I have some of these fabrics! Why didn't I make some orange blocks? My fabrics are all packed to move. It's been almost a year, I'm really getting quite tired of this.
Your blocks are wonderful. Love the knots and a cinnamon bear paw! Just right.
Hugs

LA Paylor said...

how oh how could I have been missing your box star?? It is awesome. I have to look back and see some of the other colors. LeeAnna

Cathy Tomm said...

Great orange sampler blocks. I have to get back to the sampler blocks.

Edith said...

You have a lot of orange blocks this week, I really like the look of the boxy star in orange.

Dasha said...

Lovely blocks Nell. But we in Downunder should be doing pink for spring, not orange for autumn! Its still really cold though, so I'll pretend it is a lovely roaring fire.

Sheila said...

Love your orange scraps and blocks.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...