Saturday 4 October 2014

Good-bye to September

The autumn colour as seen from my deck has just started.  We had a wonderful warm spell for just over a week.  It started before the first official day of fall so I hesitate to call it Indian Summer for fear that there will not be one in October.  The temperatures were double digits even over night but last night we were down to single digits.  (This is Canada so I'm talking Celsius. )  With cooler evening temperatures we should see more colour soon.  I just love the colour.  It's so dramatic against the blue skies.                 

The young maples along the walking path are looking lovely in their yellow and russet.  Have I mentioned that fall is my favourite time of year? 
 There are so many berries on the barberry bushes, I'm afraid it's going to be a long hard winter.  I heard someone predict the T-Rex of winters is on the way.  But for now  I'll just enjoy the colour of the season.

No comments:

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...