Friday 17 October 2014

Decision Made

Thanks to everyone for your input last week.  I opted to go with the second layout.  Here it is all sewn together waiting for quilting.
I really like the pinwheel pattern created by the spool ends.  It adds a little bit of additional pattern interest. 

We had company for Thanksgiving and out of town guests for a few days during the past week so there was no time for sewing until Friday.  That's when the little runner got stitched together and five of the six blocks posted at RSC over the last few days were also completed.
My version of Maple Leaf and Hour Glass
 
The cat block and Prairie Queen
 
Clay's Choice.
 
Hope to get the final block posted on Deb's site put together on Saturday. 
 
Just look at all that beautiful colour in my Japanese Maple.  Darn, there's that thistle in there again!

It's been a rainy couple of days out our way.  The autumn colour really sparks up an otherwise grey day.

 
 
 
 


9 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks are very cute.

Angie said...

The Spools look great! I'm so envious of your fall color - thanks for sharing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your spools are great. That is a perfect layout!

Suzy said...

I love the cat block! I never "got" spool blocks until I saw yours. I like how you made the thread part all different colors.

Terri said...

Love your spools and the ombre threads - and I love the layout this way and that way. Makes circles of the background.
The Japanese Maple is gorgeous. Mine is still solid green. It's always the last tree to turn color - usually a solid darker red - and I might not even get to see it this year... we are moving on Nov. 4. I guess I'll just enjoy yours. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Hugs

Deb A said...

Great sampler blocks and love the spools! Thanks for sharing the lovely colorful tree - that is the one thing I really miss about being in the south now - the color changes in the fall.

Kate said...

Your RSCS blocks turned out beautifully! As did your Spool blocks, very bright and colorful.

Even in the rain, the fall foliage looks gorgeous.

Cathy said...

Yay! That was the layout I liked the best because of the secondary patterns.

I love the autumn display of colors this year - seems to be more colorful than usual.

LA Paylor said...

the spools are brilliant! The colors and arrangement are so cool. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...