Saturday 22 August 2015

More Cool Indigo

My local branch library has a wonderful collection of quilting books.  On my last visit I took out Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.  She has blocks arranged by style.  Blocks 56 - 70 deal with stripes.  So I tackled 8 of them to share today.
Block 56
Block 57
Block 58
Block 59
Block 60
Block 61
Block 62
 
and Block 63.

The blocks were fun, easy and quick to put together.   I think it'd be great fun to make all 100 for a modern scrappy quilt. Another someday project.  I'll hopefully find a few minutes to make a few more blocks during the week (but not more stripes) and then dream up some little project that I can make using the blocks. 

I'm late blogging today but the Farmer's Market beckoned and that was number one on my agenda.  Now I'll check in over at soscrappy and see what indigo projects have been worked on last week.
 

 

 
 

 
 

11 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

Great indigo fabrics in those blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you had some serious FUN with Tula Pink's book!! Your blocks turned out well. :o))

Julierose said...

Beautiful blocks--I have that book, too and I found the blocks hard--but then--I am a simple "square and rectangle and strip" gal...lol
hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

The Tula Pink Sampler is full of great simple blocks. Enjoy! Hope you find time to make a few more before the book has to go back.

PaulaB quilts said...

A fun variety of striped blocks and good use of the colors. I will have to get that book from my library, have already been through her first book. By the way, my RSC15 post at place 12 works fine. Keep up the good work and maybe your stash will be lightened.

Magpie Sue said...

Nice blocks! It will be interesting to see what you do with them eventually.

Julianne said...

Your blocks look great! There is a Tula Pink Modern sew-along, all at your own pace over at CrayonBoxQuilts...check it out!

Karen said...

Interesting blocks. I look forward to seeing a quilt made with them. Lovely indigo fabrics.

Kate said...

Fun blocks. You've got some beautiful indigo scraps in them.

Sheila said...

Great blocks. Looking forward to seeing your rainbow quilt come together.

Cathy said...

I've seen a few of those Tula Pink samplers in different layouts. They look pretty easy and look like a great use of scraps.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...