Friday 3 February 2017

Finishing Purple and Starting Sea Green

As January drew to a close I decided to round out the month with some happy H blocks.  There were quite a few scraps left in the red violet range and they made up some lovely H blocks.


When those were finished I headed into my green and teal scraps to find the new colour - sea green.  The pickings were slim.  Some months are like that.


This is what was left after I cut the pieces for the Cracker blocks.


I tried for a range of light to dark sea green in the Cracker Blocks.

A few fat quarters might qualify for sea green.

Notice I had to cut into one of the fat quarters to make the 10 Cracker blocks I'll need for the quilt. The remaining February blocks - 7 H blocks, 12 nine patches and 6 tumbling blocks - will probably be cut from these as only one of the truly scrappy fabrics is large enough to cut pieces for  a block.

I'll be hopping over to soscrappy to see how you finished off January and started February.


11 comments:

scraphappy said...

The H blocks look great. Glad you were able to dig out a few teal scraps. Feel free to pull out baby blue or light green if you get desperate. Using up scraps is always the main thing after all.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I like both of these blocks. A few years back I made a purple and sea foam green scrap quilt and by now I was just about out of both colors...

Teresa said...

Lovely blocks

Vicki in MN said...

You have a lot of scrappy blocks you are working on, will be so fun to see them all come together!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those cracker blocks! They are fun in the turquoise colors!

Cathy said...

I know what you mean about being short sometimes on a certain color of scraps! I just don't make as many blocks in that month.

I've made an H quilt in the past but never that version of Cracker. Both are great scrappy projects.

The Joyful Quilter said...

It looks like you have sewn down to SEA GREEN crumbs!! Put them together and you will have started yet ANOTHER project for the RSC. :o))

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful! and even though you have to cut into a FQ - I still call that scrap busting! ( I mean it originally came from big yardage right? ha ha)

Sandra Walker said...

I've had to cut into fat quarters and stash to get enough blocks or range of fabrics. Funny how some colourways are lacking? My teal/aqua/turquoises are slim too. Your blocks are all looking great!

PaulaB quilts said...

The purple H blocks indeed look happy. The sea green or aqua or whatever is so lovely and seems to blend with everything. Your blocks are coming right along. Keep up the good work!

Angie said...

Sometimes you have to cut up a few fat quarters to make some "scraps"! Fun blocks!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...