Friday 10 February 2017

Week Two Swimming in Sea Green

I must say, I am so enjoying the sea green colour.  It is so restful and calming - almost as good as sunning on a Caribbean beach.

What I love about participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is selecting projects to work on for the year and not having to think about what to pull out to do.  Last week it was Cracker blocks and this week it was the 9 patches and hour glass blocks.


The colours don't look quite right but I have joined the 12 sea green  patches and hour glass blocks.  The hour glass block colours have such a subtle difference, white and cream, but I like the pastel look they create with the sea green blocks.


Don't the purple and sea green blocks play nicely together.  The sea green in this photo is more true to the real colours.

I also worked on a block lotto challenge for my guild's Community Outreach Committee.  It was fun making the cute little houses from 10 inch squares.  The process reminded me  of a magic tiles quilt I made many years ago.  I decided to use some 10 inch batik pre-cuts I won in a draw at our guild meeting.  Making them was addictive ....

Do  you think I got carried away?

While I was at it I decided t make some from brights I had lying around.


I think it's easier to see how the four fabrics shift through all the blocks.


Now I can't let February and Valentine's Day go by without making something in red and pink.  The block of the month for the guild was the 10 inch heart block with bonus HST.

It's been a great productive week with all the little projects but I really have to do some quilting and putting quilt tops together.  That will be the focus next week along with my RSC blocks for week 3.

Happy Valentine's Day to all.  Hope your Tuesday is spent doing what you love and with someone you love.

I'll be linking up with Angela at soscrappy and checking out other sea green, teal turquoise projects.

20 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

You have had a good week with all your pretty blocks, I am really partial to this month's aqua color!

Marly said...

You are right - purple and sea green go together beautifully. Your 9-patch and hourglass project is so restful I'd want to keep it that way and never mind the other colours!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh a Caribbean beach.... now that sounds wonderful! Great blocks!!

Sheila said...

I LOVE all your blocks! I have noticed that lots of shades of a color group used together in a quilt work out NICELY! Have noticed that purple and aqua look nice together, too. You go girl!

Sheila said...

Oh yeah. LOVE your wonky houses.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun this week! I love the nine patches in purple and sea green with the hour glass blocks. Such pretty colors together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What FUN you must have had this week!! Your SEA GREEN sewing mixed nicely with your charity projects and seasonal stitching.

Pamela Arbour said...

I sure enjoyed looking at all of your blocks. What a nice variety and contrast from the tranquil purple and teal to the vibrant houses. ood job!

pearbour@gmail.com
I am leaving my email address because it has been pointed out to me that I am a "no reply" blogger. I am not too good at this blog thing, but I will change that as soon as I figure out how to do it!

Jo said...

Love those house blocks

LA Paylor said...

they look great together!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love purples and seafoam green together...I did a quilt a few years back in those shades ( now on a granddaughters' bed ) but am at the tail end of the sraps :)

Lots of lovely work here :)

claudia said...

The purples and greens play well together, and they all look wonderful with the creamy hourglass blocks. But...my favorites are you houses!!! They are so cute!!!

Angie said...

The 9 patch & hourglass blocks look great! I love the idea of using cream and white for the hourglass blocks.

Brenda Kay said...

I really like the nine patch and hour glass blocks, but I have to say I am particularly fond of the little houses.

Wendy F said...

I love your house blocks! That is such a great way to use 10" squares and to see the fabric placement move from block to block. Sounds like your guild does some fun community outreach.

Deb A said...

The purple and sea green is a great combo. The house blocks are wonderful - so happy to see. Can't go wrong with a nine patch - they are so darn versatile. Great job this week.

Sandra Walker said...

I'm with you on loving to calming sea green we have for this month. And I know exactly what you mean by enjoying this ongoing scrap challenge with the cutting out my own dithering over what to work on... :-)

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I love how the purple and teal nine patches go together! And your hearts are great too!

Kate said...

The 9 patches with the hour glass blocks is going to be a beautiful quilt. The houses are very fun and so is the heart. Hope you get as much stitching done this next week.

make.share.give said...

Love purple and sea green together. Beautiful work!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...