Friday 3 March 2017

Good-bye Sea Green, Enter Red

Well where has February gone?  I know it's a short month but this February has just flown by.  I've tried to keep up with the sea green colour and finished up my teal H blocks.


Notice there are only 6 in the upper photo but all 7 appear below.  Our guild was clearing odds and ends from the guild stash and I was lucky enough to find a sea green scrap so I could finish off the 7th H block.  I do love the way the purple and sea green blocks work together.


I belong to a fibre arts quilt group and last month we worked on little prayer flags.  I realize that most prayer flags are rectangular but I found this cute little triangular canvas banner kit and challenged the group to make a triangular flag.  I hemmed and hawed about the word to select for my flag and finally after a trying day last Wednesday it became evident that I had to remember to just "breathe".  The sea green/teal scraps I had looked like a perfect start. I love the way the variegated thread just happened to be pale red/pink at the left side of the "b" - it's almost like opening my nostrils to take in that air and breathe.  The little flags will flutter in the summer breeze just like the Prayer flags hung in Tibet.


Earlier I shared the hearts I made for the guild Community Outreach project.  At our meeting I picked up a few prepared kits and whipped these up.  Notice how many are red.  A great way to begin the new colour of the month.  I'll have to check through my red scraps and prep fabrics for my RSC projects for this year.  Of course I'll check in with Angela and see what other red scrappy goodness has been started this month.



6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice finish to TEAL!! I hope you will enjoy your RED scraps during the month of March.

Kathy S. said...

Love those H's.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your little prayer flag! "Breathe" is a good reminder for us all!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The little prayer flag is cute! and love he way you segued into red!

PaulaB quilts said...

Breathe is a great reminder for all of us, very,appropriate. I love,your little houses, so wonky and colorful. Keep making them, we need more.

Kate said...

Lots of scrappy goodness in your blocks. The prayer flag turned out beautifully. Breathe was a good choice for your word. Slowing down and realy breathing helps with stress reduction.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...