Saturday 25 March 2017

Week Four in Red

A busy week so very little sewing going on.  I managed to finish the Cracker Blocks in red.


It was a tough go finding enough variety in the red.  There is little as I only found 4 different scrappy bits with enough fabric to make the blocks.  I think they will play well with the other blocks.


One  of the red fabrics has a bit of purple and one of the green cracker blocks has a touch of red.  The photo is a little heavy on the red but you get the idea of how the three colours will work together. Wonder what colour is coming up in April.  I wouldn't mind a sunny yellow.  It would sure help to lift the spirits considering the rainy days we're having.  

Linking in to soscrappy and stopping by to see what others have completed this week.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those cracker blocks are a lot of fun to see laid out together, Nell! I really like the secondary pattern they're making!

The Joyful Quilter said...

10 Crackers isn't a bad turnout for the week and you've got some lovely RED scraps... no matter how limited the supply!!

Ivani said...

Your red Cracker Blocks look fantastic.
Have a great week.

Kate said...

The cracker blocks turned out beautifully. Variations in red are hard to find, as I discovered when trying to put my fan blocks together this month.

Magpie Sue said...

I quite like the red cracker blocks all together. Yet another idea for my bucket list!

Kathy S. said...

Fun blocks. They line up perfectly. Have a great week!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...