Friday 12 May 2017

Get Going Green

A few weeks ago I participated in Bee Day with my guild.  Kits for our Community Outreach Programme were precut and all we had to do was sit and sew.  What a great day!  I put together this  flimsy - can you see the green in it?


The great thing about a Bee Day is that you get to put quilts together that you wouldn't make on your own. Hopefully when this is  quilted and bound it will provide comfort to someone in our community.

Our Guild past presidents issued a challenge to members to make completed quilts from their stash for Community Outreach.  I made the flimsy early last fall but only this past week quilted it and delivered it to our Outreach team.

If you look closely you will see some pale green squares and green  bubbles.  I know, I'm pushing it to include it in a green post.

A few weeks ago, (Week Two Swimming in Sea Green) I shared some wonky houses I had made for the block of the month challenge.  The committee selected enough of the wonky houses to make a quilt for a draw and I won!  As you read this post I'll be busy stitching the wonky houses together to make a quilt at our Past Presidents' Day workshop.  I'll share what I accomplish next week.

I did make some green blocks for one of my RSC projects.  Here are my green H blocks.  My sister figures it should be her quilt because she sees I's and H's in the blocks ( her initials).


And here's how all the  blocks work together so far.


I'll be checking in with soscrappy to see what green goodness you've created after my workshop.

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have lots of fun things going on, Nell! Have fun sewing your wonky houses together! I really like the H blocks, too. Very pretty in a rainbow of colors!

Ivani said...

Great top/quilt for a good cause! ♥
I love the green "H" blocks, but I would call them "I" blocks ;) can you imagine why?
All of them are working fine together.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE those H blocks. They look fabulous.

Ariane said...

Your charity quilt tops look great! I love your H blocks and they look so great together!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like your Bee Day quilt top, but LOVE those GREEN "H" blocks!!!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your sister has good taste. They are a very colorful bunch of blocks. I like the greens showing in the first quilt, a worthy endeavor.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Looks like you stay busy and many benefit from your sewing talent.

Vicki in MN said...

Your H and I blocks are looking great! I made a quilt with those a long time ago and forgot-thanks for the memory:)

Rachel said...

Very nice! That pinwheely quilt is really fun!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...