Saturday 6 May 2017

The Greening of May

I was thrilled to read a few days ago that May's RSC colour would be green.  I thought perfect.



My whole world is turning such wonderful shades of green thanks to the steady rain we've had over the past three days.  Just look at all the beautiful greens from the gray-green of the utility box to the various leafy shades to the grass.  It's such a beautiful colour - the colour of life in spring.


Even the blossoms on the burro's tail are green.

So I dove into my green bin and look what I found:


Not nearly as rich as the green found in nature but I think I can find some green to work with this month.  I'm amazed at how many yellowy-greens I have.  And look at that gray-green in the bottom right corner.  Some will probably not make it into my projects but it was fun digging them out.  I'll hopefully have time  to do some planning of my 4  project blocks this afternoon and maybe a bit of sewing.  First I've got to finish quilting my Community Outreach quilt.  But now let's check in with Angela and see what scrappy green goodness is going on.

12 comments:

Deb A said...

Such pretty greens in nature and in your sewing room! Enjoy.

PaulaB quilts said...

You have a lovely garden, Nell. It will make you happy all summer. Looking forward to what you make with your greens. Have a fun week!.

Ariane said...

Beautiful greenery outside and in. Those fabrics look great!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

So lovely to see green this time of year. You've got some great green fabrics to work with.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Mmmm Love your green!!!

maggie fellow said...

green is always good - I love the rocks around the gardens

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a pretty picture of your yard, Nell! I'm loving the emergence of green in my yard, too! Have fun sewing with your greens!

Chantal said...

Plenty of greens around your house and in your sewing room. Enjoy! ;^)

Edith said...

You do have a bunch of pretty green scraps there, and just love how your plants are looking, inspirational.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's quite the selection of GREEN scraps!! Happy quilting!!

Ivani said...

Sure you will make pretty blocks with your greens. Beautiful garden, enjoy the season

Kate said...

Isn't it amazing the shades of colors in our stashes. I ran into the same thing when evaluating my greens for the fan blocks.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...