Saturday 5 July 2014

Red is Hot, Hot, Hot!

Look at all that red!  So much of it is Christmasy fabric but I don't think it will matter when it's in itty bitty pieces.  The top row is fat quarters that have had small chunks cut out for making hexies.  The middle row is odds and ends from projects and the bottom row is charm squares.  Can't wait to get  started  and my first venture was to make my boxy star.
All of the edge bits were cut from the charm squares but the star points were cut from other scraps to give me the length needed.  The charm squares I selected were all from a Japanese collection.  They are some of my favourites.  I think this may be my favourite boxy star so far.  I love the movement in it.

Then Angela posted blocks 1,2, and 3 for red - Nonsense, Asterisk and Stripes.
I made them up last night and here they are.
Isn't that a nice range of colour value?  I just love that rich cranberry shade.  Linking up with RSC.  Stop by to visit and see all the lovely red projects happening.
 



12 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely red blocks.

Deb A said...

So pretty! I love how all the red shades somehow look great together in scrap blocks. That boxy star is lovely.

Marly said...

I agree, that boxy star is fabulously dynamic. Your sampler blocks look good too. The starry background in the Nonsense block looks fine to me. I love the little piece of holly in the stripes.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree your boxy star does look very dimensional. You have some great reds to work with.

Sheila said...

Love your reds and beautiful red blocks. Hard to believe the year is over half over.

Gina said...

love your blocks, especially the boxes. Great bundle of scraps to use for this month xx

scraphappy said...

You do have a great range of values in your sampler blocks. That is something I've been struggling with so far this month. Great start to red!

Katie Z. said...

The cranberry is quite nice. I find I have much orangey red and brown red, but not much true red.

Needled Mom said...

Those reds are great as are the blocks. I need to work on some reds too.

Cathy said...

I agree...everything goes together when it is cut small enough. Your Boxy Star is lovely.

Fibre Art by Mary Katherine Hopkins said...

Ref Hot Momma!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great selection of reds in your stash!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...