Saturday 12 July 2014

Red Rover

 Angela has called us over to play with red this month.  Do you remember that child hood game - "Red rover, red rover.  We call (insert name of child on other side) to come over."  That child had to run across the field and break through the arms of the opposing team.  If they did, they brought back a player for their team and if they didn't had to join the opposing team.  I remember spending entire recess periods playing.  (You can't play the game now.  It's too dangerous and someone could get hurt.)  Enough reminiscing.

I've completed the donut and hash tag - aren't we so very 21st century with that name?

 The Christmas fabrics seem so out of place in July but I have quite of few of them in my red stash and they're going to get used.  I opted for light background rather than the dark. 
I did the photography late last night and then enhanced the colour with photo shop this morning so the colours aren't quite true.  The red in hash tag looks too orange.  It is more the colour of the background red.

I completed my 28 red lozenges and have to get cracking on getting the blue, pink, purple, green and teal caught up.  I love the way the dark and light corners play.  It really does give a stained glass effect. 

Checking in with RSC and hopping over to see what everyone has been up to.

11 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love how the lozenges are looking. I have been tempted to start some of those, but am still so enamored with the spool blocks!

Terri said...

I love your lozenges... I'm not feeling that way with others'. There are quite a few places in Blogland doing them.
Love you r other red blocks, too. There is something about that color! Thanks for sharing yours.
Hugs

Angie said...

I'm with you - when did the pound symbol become "hashtag"?! Great looking lozenges - the red really makes them pop!

Gina said...

Great blocks xxx

Jo said...

It's good sewing all the reds come out

LA Paylor said...

lozenges are terrific~ They do look stained glass. LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

I do remember Red Rover. All of us kids in the neighborhood played it. No broken arms that I remember.

I'm making the smaller lozenges 2.5 x 5. They seem like a personal diary of fabrics. Are you going to use that layout? I kind of like it. I was going to alternate dark and light corner blocks but may rethink.

Dar said...

Oh MY!!! Your So Scrappy blocks are amazing. I love them all!! When do you sleep? Wish I had thought to make more with some of the patterns you used --boxy stars, especially love the spools, and donut and hash tag is so clever. You will have quite a number of quilts to finish by year's end. Good luck.

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks are great!

Andee said...

Love the lozenges!

Sheila said...

Love your red blocks!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...