Wednesday 2 July 2014

Mid-way report

Well we're half way through the year and it's time to check in with all that's been accomplished since January.  It's been a dreary, rainy day so the colour isn't great in my photos and there is distortion because of the way I photographed on the floor but it should give an idea of what has been done.

First the RSC blocks.  I counted 66 of them but I think I have some duplicates where they were made in different colours or remade because I didn't like them.  That should give me some choice when it comes time to putting the top together.
Next are my spools.
Twenty-four of them - four in each of the colours from January to June.
Then there are the boxy stars.  I've made one for each colour in the RSC and managed to get the red done for July too.
And finally here are the slab flying geese and the minis I've tackled.
Oops - almost forgot that little library visit bag.
Linking up with Angela.  Stop by to see what everyone else has done mid year.


 


14 comments:

scraphappy said...

Wow! You have been busy. Those spools are such a nice way use string blocks. Love them! Great sampler block blocks too. So many happy colors.

Sally Trude said...

What a wonderful collection of RSC blocks...but just a warning...there is a cat sneaking in there that looks like he's up to no good. And yes the string blocks for thread is a great idea.

Dasha said...

You have been very busy. Lovely array of colour. And I have admired your boxy stars from the first time you showed them. On my bucket list! LOL

Bonnie said...

Great blocks. You've done so much with the challenge. I may like the spools the best. I love how you've done a bit of string quilting in the "thread" section.

Gina said...

Love what you've done so far xx

Marly said...

You have done so much with three rainbow projects going simultaneously. Your sampler blocks look very good, and I like your centred layout. I especially love your spool blocks and am looking forward to seeing the final layout you choose for all your projects.

Angie said...

Great fun to see all your colorful projects! I've always wanted to try the string spools - maybe for next year's RSC. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sheila said...

Wow. I love all your blocks. I'm a sucker for spool blocks. Great bag.

sophie said...

You look so organized and productive. I'm smiling at the photo with the library bag, because I just came home with a copy of that book–I went to buy thread and couldn't resist it when I saw it sitting on the clearance table.

Andee said...

You have lots of great rainbow projects coming along! I cannot wait to see how each of us puts together the RSC Sampler Challege blocks!

Deb A said...

So many pretty projects. Those boxy stars just shine.

Lisa J. said...

It's looking good! So much accomplished.

Cathy said...

I didn't have time to do midyear post but I sure love what I'm seeing on those who did post! It's all good! Keep it up!

Quilter Kathy said...

Amazing accomplishments! Love the sampler blocks... that will be a great quilt!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...