Saturday 19 July 2014

Seeing Red and blue and yellow

Lovely wonky red goose stars.  No you're not seeing double.  I made two of them  I started with the one on the left but when I finished it, it was too big so I cut again to make the 6.5" size.  I really liked the toile centre so took apart the first and cut everything down to size.  Now I have two Wonky Goose Stars.

 I didn't do much else in red but did get the yellow and blue lozenges put together and played with some possible settings.  It's hard to tell how it will end up because the other lozenges in green, pink and purple aren't done and there are 5 more months of RSC to go but here's what I've tried so far.

My cat decided to check things out.  I think he prefers the row by row colour arrangement.  Can't wait to finish up the remaining colours (they're cut but not sewn) and play some more.  Linking up with RSC to see what everyone else has been up to.




8 comments:

Edith said...

Nice wonky star blocks, lozenges looking good too.

Marly said...

Great red blocks: I love the fussy cut centres.

Deb A said...

Love the wonky stars. I need to remake mine too - but it was fun to make with leftover triangles hanging around.

Karen said...

It looks like you using up lots of your scraps. I love star blocks.

scraphappy said...

I'm with the cat. I really like the row by row. Great wonky stars too!

Terri said...

Love your fussy cut wonky stars - especially in red! Do you have other centers for other colors?

Oh, the cat has a fuzzy brain...LOL I like the first layout. It makes secondary designs.
Hugs

LA Paylor said...

I like the wonky stars and all the red energy flowing around your studio
Leeanna
not afraid of color!

Marsha Cooper said...

I like how those diamond type blocks look. And, I'm always glad to see pictures from others who also have cats who have to check their work out.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...