Friday 23 January 2015

Background Fabric

Well I just can't believe it.  I went to the fabric store to pick up an additional 3 yards of fabric so I'd have enough for all the blocks for the RSC blocks and they didn't have any left.  So I bought 6 yards of a different print for the background.  Now I have to make a decision.  Do I take the two blocks apart and sub in the new fabric?  Do I use the first fabric for the various centre blocks of the sawtooth stars and the new fabric for the star point portions?  Do I remake the blocks with the new fabric and have two orphan blocks waiting for another project?  Decisions.  Decisions. 

2 comments:

Fibre Art by Mary Katherine Hopkins said...

But you're so experienced in taking blocks apart. LOL It should be no problem.

Dasha said...

Don't know what you've done with those blocks, but why not make a couple more and use the orphans on the back of the quilt? Maybe each side of the label - make it look like you meant them to be there.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...