Saturday 3 January 2015

Cool Blues for January

It's time to start a new year of Rainbow Scrappy goodness.  Last year I made a Boxy Star block each month and I'll continue with the Boxy stars for another year.  Hopefully the 24 blocks will give a good sized quilt at the end of 2015.

This year I've opted to keep one fabric as a constant in each quarter of the star.  I like this look better than all the scrappiness of last year's blocks.  My constant for January is a hand dyed fabric that I purchased at one of our Guild Meetings.  I used the other two hand dyed blues in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge sampler block.
(OOPs I was a little heavy with cropping the photo and took off the star points.  They really are there.  Just not in the photo.)   Check in at RSC15 to see what others have started in 2015.

9 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! The Boxy Stars is going to make a gorgeous quilt when you have them all done.

Terri said...

Love your blue blox. All I've done is pull fabrics, so far.
Hugs

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job. Look forward to seeing more this coming year.

Deb A said...

So pretty - love the solid blue to tie them together. Your year in review post before this is amazing! You are one talented and creative quilter.

Mystic Quilter said...

Good idea keeping the solid blue in each quarter, it is a super shade!

Ellen said...

Lovely blue blocks!

Lynne said...

Great blocks. I particularly love that Boxy Star -- I will have to add it to my 'some day' list!

scraphappy said...

Love your sampler block!

Sheila said...

Love those boxy squares. Looking forward to seeing more of them this year.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...