Saturday 24 January 2015

Quilter's Funk

Well have you ever been working on something and hit a wall?  That's what's happened to me.  One of the groups I belong to decided to do a group project.  Everyone's individual piece would be melded into one glorious statement piece.  I selected my subject, chose fabrics and have even done some work on it but I'm stuck.  My vision and how to do it just aren't coming together.  Here's what I've got so far:
I know I have to keep working on it because the time line is looming but....

So what do you do when you reach that point.  Well I looked for a diversion.  I've read three wonderful Louise Penny Inspector Gamache novels and started a new quilt.  Every month I get a new scrappy pattern from the guild and here's my start for the December pattern.
I found a small bag with bits of fabric ranging from just over an eight of a yard to fat quarter size and decided they would be perfect for this quilt.  So the centre section is almost done and I have the borders to work on for a flimsy finish.  Once that's done I guess I'll see if I can work on the group project again.  The time is drawing near for a finish.  Aaagh!

1 comment:

Terri said...

love your art piece. I'd call it done. It looks like home to me. And your quilt is a fun pattern. I like the coloring.
Hugs

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...