Friday 9 January 2015

Card Trick - Block Two

I've been recuperating.  First the flu/cold then I put my back out.  I haven't been able to sit, stand, lie down or walk around for long periods of time so there hasn't been much happening.  I went to a fabric store sale on Thursday and bought  some insul bright  and new fabric to recover my extended ironing board.  It looks so nice - almost hate to press my blocks on it.  But I did....
Here's my second sawtooth star.  This one has a card trick block in the centre.  As I was making this block I remembered, Ruth, a friend from my previous guild.  Whenever we had a round robin exchange she always made a card trick block.  It was her favourite and she could make them in her sleep.  Today as I cut and sewed I appreciated how complicated the block was.  Angela's diagram really helped organize all the little bits.
 
I've also been working on the Grand Illusion Mystery and have the first row put together.  I'm making the 12 block version - a 3 x 4 setting.
This is the first row with sashing around the blocks.  It's bright!  It's busy! 

At my local guild I won a pack of mini charm squares.  I like the way the dancing nine patch is set so used that idea with the mini charms to make a small table runner. 
 
I'll be checking in at So Scrappy to see what blue happenings are going on there.
 
 

11 comments:

Fibre Art by Mary Katherine Hopkins said...

So glad you are recuperating!
Sewing is good for the soul!

Scrappy quilter said...

Such pretty material in your sawtooth block. Glad you are feeling better.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hope you are healing!! Your little charm quilt is cute!!

Julierose said...

Hi Nell--oh so sorry to hear of your woes...my cold is STILL hanging on --hope you're better soon. I love your card trick inside of the star--it makes me smile cause it is a "trick" I'll bet to get it in there...lol hugs, Julierose

Karen said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. You have some lovely projects you are working on. Take care.

Sheila said...

Beautiful projects. Hope you are feeling better soon, dear.

scraphappy said...

I admire anyone who could make up card trick blocks in their sleep. Yours looks great. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your new ironing board cover.

Angie said...

Cool idea for the mini charm pack - I also won a mini charm and had no idea what to do with it. Your Grand Illusion looks so cheery - it really pops!

Jennie in GA said...

Great card trick block. And I love your sweet little runner.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope you will be feeling much better soon!
I love your block again this week especially the pop of red in the card trick!

Julierose said...

Your Card Trick in Star block is lovely! I like that spark of red in there! Great work...hugs, Julierose

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...