Sunday 15 March 2015

Leafy Sunday

It's been a while since I've linked up but it feels so right today.  The cover on a book I borrowed from the guild library was the inspiration for my work last Friday and today. 
 I'm appliqueing leaves to sky blue background.  The leaves are in fall shades of orange, yellow, red and green.  They will be pieced with sashing and leaf detail added in the quilting.  I haven't decided how large the quilt will be yet - could be a mini, could be a lap quilt. 
 
I'm working on a double green one now.  Hope to get a few more finished up.  Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching and checking out what others are hand stitching today.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Those look like fun. What size are they?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love all the colors you are using! You can't go wrong if you mirror mother nature.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice leaves! I love the colours and the fabrics you are using!

CathieJ said...

I love the colors of your fabrics. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with it.

Marly said...

Lovely fabrics and a great way to use them. I'm looking forward to seeing them all together.

Quilter Kathy said...

SO so fun! I love this kind of a project!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...