Friday 13 March 2015

Mellow Yellow

What a busy week!  I managed to complete the monkey wrench on Monday but it wasn't until Friday that the star points were added.  The yellow I used for the monkey wrench block has a more mellow tone than last week's yellow. 

The yellow star points and bits in the block are the left over bits from the guild challenge fabric.  I love this yellow shade.

I've also started a new project.  I'm not sure if I'll do the full quilt or just make a wall hanging or mini.  They are supposed to be leaves against a sky background.  Check out two of the yellow ones waiting to be appliqued.  Hopefully they'll be alright once the quilting is on and you won't notice the lemons quite so much.
 

Here are all of the RSC15 blocks to date.  I think this will be a great little quilt -  bright and fresh.
Hopefully there will be more time for quilting next week and the strippy blocks will be finished up .  Linking up with Angela at soscrappy and stopping by to visit other RSC15 participant  sites.

13 comments:

Marly said...

Lovely cool Monkey Wrench to add to the starry family.

Julierose said...

Lovely monkey wrench star--nice work on all of these...hugs, Julierose

Scrappy quilter said...

Your blocks are looking so good together. Love your work!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely work . . . good luck with those leaves of lemons.

Cathy said...

Your challenge blocks are looking so good! I'm having fun with this challenge and love looking at everyone's projects. Thanks for sharing!

Angie said...

Fun to see all your Rainbow Scrap Sampler blocks together - lookin' good!

Edith said...

Pretty star blocks looking good together and I like the leaf project.

make.share.give said...

Your blocks look wonderful together. The colors are perfect!

scraphappy said...

Your blocks look wonderful as a collection. Have fun with your leaves.

Mari said...

Lovely! I like the lemons too, so I hope they don't get totally lost in your new project.

Magpie Sue said...

It's pretty amazing that there are so many different shades of yellow. You don't really notice until you start making blocks out of them - or I didn't anyway!

Kate said...

Your RSC star blocks are going to very bright and pretty. It's been fun to see everyone's interpretations of these blocks.

Sheila said...

Great RSC scrappy stars! I love them.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...