Saturday 7 March 2015

First Signs of Yellow

The daylight hours are getting longer and tonight we are to spring ahead.  I guess this means spring is just around the corner and the forecast for our area does say temperatures will hover around the 0 Celsius mark all next week.  Sunny days ahead outdoors and in my quilting world.

It's been a busy week but I did manage to squeeze some time in and make two blocks yesterday.  The first yellow block for the RSC15 is very pale with all that white around it.  Perhaps I should have used a subtle print to define some areas more clearly.  I do like the way the friendship star defines itself in the centre.
 
The second block will be added to my growing number of boxy stars started during last years challenge.
Linking up with Angela at so scrappy.  Stop by to see what sunshiney goodness others have come completed.

12 comments:

Lisa J. said...

These are very pretty blocks, Nell.

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for the reminder about changing the clocks... hope I remember tonight!

Deb A said...

Those boxy stars are going to looks great together! I think your sampler block came out great - love how the friendship star stands out.

Laura said...

The boxy star block is really nice! I need to add it to my quilt bucket list! I love your RSC block too. That floral tone-on-tone white is the perfect background!

Stacey said...

Your yellow blocks are terrific. Mine first yellow one turned out gross. I need to redo it.

Have a great weekend.

scraphappy said...

I like your shading variety in the yellow sampler blocks. It makes the star more prominent. Fabric choices make such a difference, don't they?

Angie said...

Great blocks - it's always so much fun to see everyone's fabric choices!

Jennie in GA said...

Very nice. I especially love your boxy stars.

PugMom said...

Great blocks. I especially like the star in a star!

Kate said...

Very pretty stars. I'm looking forward to seeing your Boxy Stars all come together into a finished quilt.

Sheila said...

Great blocks! Will enjoy watching your RSC blocks turn into quilts : )

Cathy said...

Both projects are moving along nicely!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...