Sunday 19 July 2015

Late Check-in

Where has the week gone?  I managed to get outdoors to take a photo of the last row in the RSC - the pink and red one.
I think it looks pretty good. Hopefully I read the sketch properly and have the pink and red and brown squares in the right places.

For the last year and a half I've been making a Boxy Star block in the colour of the month.  I selected orangey-red for the July boxy star.
There's quite a bit of textural detail in the fabrics which adds a bit of interest.  Hopefully this will work to transition from orange to purple in the final layout.

We had guests all week and with an active two year old in the house there wasn't much time for quilting but I did get two of the shop hop blocks finished up. 
This one is crossed canoes.
 

I love the bubbles and swirls fabrics.  They go so well with the watery blue theme for the row by row and the shop hop quilt.  Only 5  blocks and 5 rows waiting to be prepped and sewn and 8 quilt shops to visit before the end of July!  With careful planning it will all get done.

I'm off to check in with Angela and take a look at what other scrappy quilters have been up to.

3 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

I really like that red-to-orange boxy star. The blue and white blocks are pretty too but that red just speaks to me!

Marly said...

Your pink and red row looks very good. I was wondering what the third colour was in the alternate blocks. Thanks to your photo I can put something together too! I like your shop-hop blocks; how are they going to come together?

scraphappy said...

I completely missed your post last week. Your bottom row looks fabulous. The colors are all just right.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...