Saturday 25 July 2015

Red Pairings

I spent my quilting time this week catching up on the Shop Hop blocks and since the colour for July was red, I dove into my red scraps to come up with three of the blocks in red too.  I think if I keep this up I'll have a nice little quilt at the end.

Here's the first block I did up this way - a split Ohio star with it's blue mate:

Next up was this lovely pair:
And finally a neat variation of what looks to me like windows:

The last three Shop Hop blocks are waiting for their mates.
I have saved one block to do some slow Sunday stitching. I'll post next week.

And here's the group all together.

Linking up with Angela and checking out all the other scrappy quilters.

14 comments:

scraphappy said...

Oh, I really do like those split Ohio Stars. I was thinking of Ohio Stars for next year. Beautiful!

Marly said...

Great idea duplicating the shop hop blocks. Will you do that for more of the colours, or just stick to red, white and blue?

Karen said...

I love the split Ohio Stars. Very lovely blocks. You will have beautiful quilts.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely pairings. I don't recall seeing a Split Ohio Star before. LOVE those blocks and the RED windows!

gayle said...

I love those Split Ohio Stars!!! (All your blocks are great, but those really catch my eye!)

Julierose said...

Oh I do like how these play so well together! hugs, Julierose

Angie said...

Great blocks! The first three are new to me and I find them quite intriguing - I think they will look amazing as an RSC quilt!

LA Paylor said...

wowie zowie
I likeee
All the blocks are so dynamic with your color choices. Cool
LEeAnna

Dasha said...

Love the block in the middle Nell. They all look fabulous together. Well done.

Sheila said...

Love these blocks. They will make a beautiful quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a great idea Nellie!

Magpie Sue said...

Ooo, I like those split Ohio Stars! May have to try that one of these days!

Jackie J said...

Nice looking blocks, keep up the great work.

Cathy said...

What a lovely combination of blocks. I especially like that Split Ohio Star.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...