Saturday 25 January 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday Check In

It's a blustery and cold day here and I'm slow getting started. 

Here are my blocks for January's challenge.  Finding fabric with blue and green presented a bit of a challenge and I'm not sure if I like the rather blah medium colours in the block but it just might work with all the others once they're done.  I'm even hanging on to that busy anvil block hoping there will be a spot for it in the quilt - if not on the front then incorporated into the backing.

As this is the last Saturday for blue I've sorted out my blue bin.
 
All of these little bits are left to be tackled.  I'll be doing some cutting of  strips, rectangles and squares to get this sorted out.

But first I'll have to tackle the snow that fell overnight and this morning plus all the drifts that piled up because of the strong winds.

9 comments:

Cinder Gal said...

You have a lovely set of blue blocks to work with over the year of Rainbow colors. Adding each new color will show you that all will work in with each other. Stay warm....we're looking at more snow tomorrow.

Sarah said...

A nice set of blue blocks.im looking forward to seeing your quilt grow!

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful collection of blue blocks! Even if every single one isn't your favorite, it is amazing how well they will work out in the finished quilt. Love your pretty collection of organized blues -- so inviting.

Marly said...

The blue blocks look very good. I'm sure they'll all feel at home with the other colours.

Lisa said...

Don't they look great all alongside one another. It's quite impressive for the first month of the year. It will be fun to add a new colour in the mix for February. Wonder what it will be?

Nell's Quilts said...

Am definitely looking forward to a new colour. We know it won't be red.

Melinda said...

You have quite a nice collection of blue blocks. Good for you getting so many done. Smart to get those scraps cut up into useable sizes. I'm trying to do that with bins and bins of scraps - wish I had been doing it all along.

Gina said...

Loving the blocks you've done so far xx

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What neat blocks and it looks like you have really used up the block scraps!! Keep warm!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...