Sunday 19 January 2014

Practising my machine quilting

One of my goals this year is to improve my machine quilting.  I saw a pattern in Fons and Porter's Fall 2013 Easy Quilts for a Mat and Ruler Tote.  There was a fabric sale at a local fabric store and don't ask me what possessed me but I bought some pretty ugly fabric.  Zebra stripes with some browny-beige florals and hearts.  I figured this would be good fabric to practice machine quilting on and then use it for the Mat and Ruler Tote.
 
I went astray in a few spots but not too bad.  I'll post the finished product when it's done.  It will be great to carry my quilting tools to the PPM (Past President's Mystery) next month.

No comments:

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...