Tuesday 7 January 2014

RSC sampler quilt blocks

Brrr! Baby it's cold outside.  Wind chill brings our temperatures down to almost -40 C.  It's a perfect night to stay in and quilt. 

I checked out the last three blocks posted on RSC and here are my version of Attic Windows, Patience Corner and Snowball.  I made a small adaptation on the snowball block. 
Patience Corner


Attic Windows
Snowball
I like the look of the snowball block using 1.5 inch squares in the corners instead of the 1.75 inch squares.  When the blocks come together they look more like snowballs stacked to make a snowman.  I don't think it will make a difference in the sampler quilt but is a personal preference.


3 comments:

scraphappy said...

I love all three of your blocks. I like your snowball adaptation. There are so many variations on old classic patterns, It is fun to see how each block ends up just a little bit different. Great looking start to your quilt!

scraphappy said...

Nell,
I just noticed that your comments on my blog come up as "no reply", meaning I can't respond back to them. I think you can change your options in settings if you would like to hear back from people. Thanks for commenting on my blog -- I love visitors.

Nell's Quilts said...

I'm still learning how to do this blog stuff. I've tried something different in settings and will see if this allows people to reply.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...