Saturday 11 January 2014

RSC Sampler Quilt

I've managed to make another of the 6.5 inch sampler blocks - the anvil block.  I think I will be digging into the scraps and remaking the block.  I don't care for the movement in the block with my fabric selection.  A calmer fabric is needed for the anvil.  I'll hang on to this block and may use it. Surrounding blocks may calm it a bit depending on the colours.  We'll see.
That anvil looks like static on the television screen!  My eyes just vibrate up and down.

7 comments:

soscrappy said...

You never know how it will look in the finished quilt. At least those scraps are in a block. That counts as used up!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

When I turned over my second block after pressing it, I was really disappointed, but then I laid it out with one and three and all is well. I was just thinking we don't get those fuzzy screens anymore do we? LOL

Julie in GA said...

Your block looks just fine, and will look even better when surrounded by others. Don't stop now!

Sheila said...

Looks good to me. Looks like a difficult block to make. One I've yet to try.

Ellen said...

You are funny! I am not too happy with the blocks I have made but I am leaving them. I figure they will get lost in whole scrappy quilt and maybe won't be so noticeable.

Fibre Art by Mary Katherine Hopkins said...

Well done Nellie. You inspire me!
Mary

Deb A said...

I've just pulled some fabrics for this one - still have to cut and make it. I think it will be calmed down with other blocks and colors - if you really don't like it at the end of the year it can always go on the back!

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...