Saturday 4 January 2014

It's a new year and I'm starting a new adventure in cyberspace - blogging. I don't really know what I'm doing but hope to learn and improve as the year progresses.

Beginning in January of 2013 I followed a number of blogs faithfully and even participated in the Scrappy Saturday Challenge.

 
Here's the almost finished flimsy.  I used Block #396 Best Friends by Paula Stoddard found in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks vol. 4 but adapted it to the colour of the month rather than the three colours suggested in the instructions.  To complete the sashing I added friendship stars to try to keep the movement flowing.  I must add one more border sashing to complete the friendship stars and then decide on a final border. I  used charm squares that were exchanged with some quilting buddies and some white fabric that has been in my stash forever.
 
I enjoyed checking what everyone had completed every Saturday and hope that starting the blog I too will be encouraged to post my progress.  I'm trying the blocks for the sampler and so far have one of each.

 
 
I'm considering several different blocks for the Scrap Happy Challenge and hope to post my choice next week.

8 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Well let me be the first welcome to the world of blogging Nell!!! I started last summer and love it!!! I've met awesome, supportive people and love the motivation it provides for me to get things done. Look forward to checking in on Saturdays! Stop by: myplvl.blogspot.com

Karen said...

What a very shinning star quilt. I love how it looking like the stars are moving down. I look forward to seeing what you are making. I hope you have fun blogging.

scraphappy said...

Welcome to blogland! I love your quilt from last year. It is so nice to be able to see patterns and adapt them to your own needs. Love your two sampler blocks too. What a great star you are off to already!

Sheila said...

Welcome to blogland :D Beautiful quilt. I look forward to seeing pictures of your rainbow blocks each week. Maybe you will blog about some of your knitting projects. I just learned to knit and I make dishcloths.

Anonymous said...

What a great quilt from last year. And a great project start this year; blogging and the new sampler. Have fun!

Nell's Quilts said...

I made dishcloths too in quilt block patterns. The patterns were in a book called Knit Dishcloths by Leisure Arts and I thought what a great way to combine two things I love.

Nell's Quilts said...

Thanks for the welcome. I hope committing to publishing will motivate me through the doldrums.

Nell's Quilts said...

Thank you for providing fun projects to do. Looking forward to more.

Going Neutral

This year I opted for 4 different RSC projects.  All of the colours to date have worked well with the blocks but light neutrals will be a ch...